Thursday, September 17, 2009

Interesting Thursday

I love my job.  I really do.  For years people have asked me how many kids I have.  I usually respond 30 (or however many kids are in my class.)  I love teaching third graders.  They can do things for themselves like find the right page and button their own pants.  But, they're still young enough that they love school and their teacher (most of the time.)

I've got a couple kids though this year that are really throwing me for a loop.  I ask them a question and they give me an answer.  Ok...fine...but, the answer they give me isn't always truthful.  Did you do your homework?  Did you write your name on your paper?  Have you finished your classwork?  Did your mom tell you to do ______?  They give me an answer and (stupid me!) I believe them!  I'm more annoyed by the lies than I would be if they had just told me they didn't do it to begin with. 

I'm home now.  I get to surf through my various scrapbooking websites and blogs and see what's going on in the creative world around me.  No school for the kids tomorrow so I should get out of my meetings a little early.  I'm hoping to have a chance to use some of my creativity.  Cross your fingers!

No comments: