Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy, Busy

Wow!  I feel like I spent most of the day in my scrap room and I only got two layouts done!  One I'll share now and the other will have to be tomorrow.  I got it done late and want to wait until the sun is shining to photograph it. 

Since last summer, I've fallen in love with Basic Grey.  There's just something about it that I can't quite put my finger on, but I just love most of what they put out.  When I first saw their line Sugar Rush online, I had to have it.  I went to Scrap Shack and reserved a pack.  When they called that it had arrived I was very excited.  This was the first time since discovering my love that I'd been able to get a line when it came out.

I arrived at the store with great anticipation.  What a letdown.  Sugar Rush didn't seem to capture the love I felt for it online.  That didn't stop me from buying the matching buttons (or two different monogram stickers).  When I got home, I felt like I had wasted money though.  Thirty bucks down the drain.  It just sat in its package, neglected as I bought and use other BG lines.

This week though, I've fallen back in love with it.  I've done three different layouts with the line and love each one of them more than the last.  My favorite was the one I finished today. 

I discovered that I only had four hours to upload a picture of a layout for the April Sketch Challenge on scrapbook.com.  Yikes!  Totally forgot about the deadline for that.  (That darn spring break got me relaxing!)  I usually think about sketches for a couple hours and figure out what pictures would work best.  This one though, I didn't have that luxury.  I quickly picked the pictures because the sketch had three and I only had three printed from this theme.  No thinking there.  Now...what colors...My husband picked out the playpen because of the gender neutral colors.  Green and grey - those would match Sugar Rush!  I got to work.  I finished the layout in about an hour.  For me, that's an awesome time.

One thing I really like about this layout is the pink cardstock.  It wasn't the perfect match of pink so I decided to paint it a streaky, distressed looking white for the photo border.  I wanted to try to capture some of the distressed look of the paper line.  What to do with the pink strips and brackets I cut out though.  I had the idea to ink the edges.  Lucky me happened to have a red, pink, and blue that matched Sugar Rush perfectly!!  I just love how I could tie the pink paper into all those different colors.  I think it turned out great.  What do you think?  Please leave me a comment!



Oh...and I did get it uploaded on time for the challenge.  The layout I'll upload tomorrow is the sketch challenge for next week.  Yay!  Done early!

No comments: