Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pumpkin Time

In October, the family went out to Patterson Farms to their pumpkin patch.  We had so much fun.  We didn't just pick pumpkins, we got to visit the barn and see the animals, and we even got to see the piglets race!  I came up with some ideas to use some embellishments that I already have.  I just love when that works out. 

Today, I wanted to share a page I did about picking the pumpkins.  This page was full of firsts for me.  I've used Tim Holtz Distress Inks before but never with grungeboard.  I'd never even opened the packages I had.  Wow!  I've been missing out on a lot with that stuff!  I love it.  The combination of the ink with the grungeboard was an awesome effect. This is also the first time I used any paper by Echo Park.  I love all their lines and have most of them, but haven't ever used a sheet.  I need to get out of that "save it for a perfect layout" mindset that so many scrappers seem to have.



I also used Ranger Ink Glossy Accents for the first time on the grungeboard pumpkins.  I snipped some of the extra grungeboard to use as stems and connected with the Glossy Accents.  This is a close up of the pumpkins.



The orange, felt pumpkin border along the bottom was made by Queen & Co.  I bought it at CKU Charlotte in Aug.  It was a bit bright for the layout so I used a variety of distress inks to darken the edges a bit and then put on Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist to darken it overall.  I like how it turned out.

2 comments:

~Valeria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Valeria said...

Love your layout!! Makes me want to get started on mine!!!

~Valeria
www.scrapiliciousval.blogspot.com