Monday, January 2, 2012

Challenge 1 - Inspiration from an Outfit

During this year, I'm planning on using the book 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges by Elizabeth Kartchner. I've had the book for a year and love it but haven't really done much in it. I decided that this would be my year to use it. So, today I bring you Challenge 1.

Challenge 1 is to get inspired by an outfit. I have tried this one time and time again. I mostly scrapbook my daughter so I went through her drawers and closet. I went through mine. I even went through my husband's!! But nothing inspired me. Last year for Father's Day, Elizabeth picked out a cute dress to wear with bright dots on it. She decided she had to wear her tiara as well. Two year olds...what are you going to do? I snapped a couple photos of her being the silly girl she is.

Looking at the photos I was drawn to the circles in the dress. I found some paper from Basic Grey's Oh Baby Girl! line that I love so much. I did the page in just a short time before I even realized I had drawn inspiration from an outfit!


I just love the dots! It's hard to see in the photos but there's a cluster of button flowers on the pink ribbon around her waist. I added the three white flowers that I inked with some distress ink in a cluster. To mimic the pink ribbon at her waist, I used the wide paper ric-rak from Bazzill just the edge line. It wasn't straight but I had so many straight lines I wanted a little bit of movement to go with all the movement in the photos. She was dancing and jumping like crazy when I took them! I know I got a sketch for this from somewhere but I can't recall off the top of my head. If you recognize, let me know and I'll be happy to give credit.

This week I challenge you to draw some inspiration from an outfit in your closet, your child's closet, or even from a magazine or a rack in a store. Use it to create a page. I hope you'll share your links here so I can see the great pages y'all make.

See y'all later!

No comments: