Sunday, January 8, 2017

What A "Pear"!

Hello Scrapping Mommies!

It's a chilly day in NC. We got snow Friday night and yesterday! It's quite lovely to look at though all the teachers are discussing the possibility of school tomorrow. Black ice seems to be a distinct possibility. It's a waiting game right now. 

Since it's no good to go outside, I've spent today scrapping inside. On Friday night when the snow started, I got a wild hare to see about making some pages using as much as I could of a 6x6 pad of paper. I seem to have accumulated a lot of these pads! I believe I was a member of a kit club that included them each month. I don't tend to buy them myself. Of the over two dozen I have, I think I've purchased maybe five of them on purpose. It's time to get some good use out of them!  

The first layout I have for you today uses a base of My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Relax as my 12x12 base. All of the other papers you see come from Studio Calico South of Market collection. This farm fresh collection had bright reds and greens mixed with yellow, navy blue, and light blue. There were cows, fruit, and flower motifs as well as polka dots, print/text, and stitching throughout the designs. 

My layout is from a strawberry picking trip many years ago. I had the photos developed in "true digital" size so they're not quite 4x6. It made matting them with the 6x6 paper easy. I've come to really enjoy cutting up the cut apart sheets that have been shrunk down. They provide perfect sized accents! I added some miscellaneous wood veneers that I've collected and even added some bakers twine. I have a ton of that stuff! I just had to have every color. Now, it's time to get it used! 

I believe I used five sheets of 6x6 paper plus bits from the cut apart sheet for a total of six sheets! Stay tuned. I have two more pages from this trip including one that used more papers from this pad. 

Thanks for visiting!




1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

I'm glad I found your layout on the January Stash Challenge over at 2Peas. I love the colour combination you chose to go with the sweet photo. I really like how you used the different pre-printed phrases, and how you wrote the journaling on the little jar. Really nice work. ☺