Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Donuts = Happiness

I've been scrapbooking for a while now - 18 years! I started in 1999 while I was in college. I wanted to make an album for my boyfriend of the fun things we'd done together. He must have liked it since he's now my husband. 

I've seen many changes in this hobby. From the small section in Wal-Mart that started me off to big local scrapbook stores, to online shopping, this hobby has seen many changes. A big change I've noticed, especially recently for me personally, is a lack of knowing anyone who scrapbooks. Well, that's not quite true. I do know some people but, for whatever reason, it's not something many of them are currently doing. I was never one for big crops, but I like having someone to socialize with sometimes!

We got a wonderful new music teacher at school this year. As much as I loved him, I found that I loved his wife even more. She's got a great sense of humor, loves Doctor Who, and wanted to start scrapbooking! When a weekend came up that both of us were looking for something to do, scrappy plans just fell into place. After all our fun, I had to scrapbook it - of course!


We started our Saturday with donuts because every good scrappy weekend needs junk food! There is a wonderful local donut shop in our town now. I love to go there whenever I have a proper excuse. My waistline can't handle "it's morning" as a good reason. 

Donuts = Happiness uses Family Frenzy by Bella Blvd. It's a relatively new collection compared to most of my stash having come out in summer of 2015. I really liked the bright colors when I bought it. The donut paper was an obvious choice for this layout.  I punched them with a circle punch and used them accents all over the page. 

A Project Life 6x6 pad (Desktop maybe?) and some BoBunny Double Dot for the background completed my paper choices. I found some glitter/holographic domed stickers that reminded me of enamel dots at the dollar store. The wide variety of colors worked very well. Paper tape by Bella Blvd, Thickers, and inking with Distress Ink completed my layout. 




No comments: