Saturday, April 8, 2017

Hello, Soccer Mom

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. This non-athletic woman became a soccer mom. I know next to nothing about soccer. We signed my daughter up with a friend and they played together for three seasons (A fourth they were on different teams but that is the season-that-shall-not-be-named.) it was a lot of fun to hang out with my friend while our kids played. There is little funnier than watching five year olds attempt to kick a soccer ball. Sadly, it looks like my daughter may have inherited my lack of athleticism. Soccer is a thing of the past now that they split teams by gender. She didn't want to play without her friend. 

For this layout I used my March Build Your Own Kit. The paper is by Basic Grey, ribbon by Making Memories, hello by Heidi Swapp, soccer embellishment from the Project Life soccer theme kit, letter stickers by October Afternoon, and various random things that I generally can't recall from where. A lot of those embellishment come from a variety of kit clubs I subscribe/subscribed to at some point. After a few months, I take everything left from the kit and split it up by color. 

For spending two years watching my daughter play, this is the first layout I've ever done. I love how it turned out. It perfectly captures a time in our lives that likely won't appear again. That's what scrapbooking is all about, isn't it?




1 comment:

Fancyscrapper said...

I love that Basic Grey paper! I think I still have some. The big floral paper from the same release was awesome too. So fun to see something familiar! Love your style, btw. I found you through JYC.

Have a happy scrappy day!