Monday, December 5, 2016

Journal Your Christmas - Days 2 & 3

The next two Christmas prompts are always fun ones. Well, the whole thing is fun to be honest but these two are some of my favorites. Day 2 involves signs of Christmas. When I was a little girl, one sign of Christmas was an Advent calendar.

In 2011, Silhouette came out with their Advent calendar. It came with a download card with all the different boxes you could cut out of any paper you wanted. I decided I just had to get it. Elizabeth was 3 and finally ready for something like this. Each year, I've filled up the boxes again and again, much to her delight.

This year, the boxes needed a little TLC. I reglued some. Others I added more adhesive to the numbers. I even reglittered one of the brads - this time with Stickles though!

It brought back memories of making all the boxes for the first time. I still have some leftover bits of paper from the Echo Park collection pack I used that year. I decided to use it in this year's JYC.


Day 3 is about a favorite Christmas gift. This one was harder for me. I wanted to use a gift I gave to my family but couldn't find the pictures. Instead, I chose a very recent gift that is clearly a favorite. I found out my sister was pregnant two years ago. I just love my little nephew Scot. Briton is a great big brother, and Elizabeth loves to play with them both. Finding out about Scot is one of the best gifts ever.


No comments: