Sunday, December 4, 2016

Journal Your Christmas - Title page and Manifesto

December has started! Last year, I finally took a class from Shimelle that I had been debating about for a couple years - Journal Your Christmas (JYC for short).

So far, I've kept up. It's actually harder this year. I don't want to repeat everything from last year so there's a bit of difficulty when the prompts are the same. One goal I have this year with JYC is to use the supplies I already have. I did purchase Shimelle's new stamps. Aside from those, everything else comes from my stash. The album is a red Simple Stories Sn@p album with a red spine. I bought it years ago. I meant to use it last year and couldn't find it. So, this is my year to use it!

For the title page, I used one of the papers that came in it. The stripes reminded me of a candy cane. Since most of the papers I'll be using have a more distressed look, I decided to spray some mist to remove the bright white. Heidi Swapp's Gold mist and Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels worked well. I'll be combining gold and silver again this year and wanted to start that from the very beginning.

Most of the embellishments are certainly older ones! They come from a Making Memories pack from 2009! The title page isn't in a page protector so I decided to use the string of Christmas lights. They're rather bulky so work well like this. (I have no idea why, but I can't make this picture larger.)



My first page is my Christmas manifesto. Manifesto seems like a big word for a Christmas album but it fits the purpose so well. This is my statement of intentions for this Christmas season. I want to approach this season with joy again. I want to bake cookies, go see the light displays, and reflect on the real meaning of this beautiful season. I want to do all of those things with my daughter who brings me so much joy and happiness.


No comments: