Tuesday, December 27, 2016

I Need a Challenge

Hello Lovelies!

I drove from my home near Charlotte, NC to visit my family in Richmond, VA yesterday. For a big part of the trip, I listened to old Paperclipping Roundtable podcasts. Driving five hours with an eight year old engrossed in movies in the backseat gives you a lot of time to think. Naturally, I was thinking about scrapping.

One of the episodes I listened to was on embellishments. Who here has a ton of embellishments that you bought with every good intention of using, but didn't. Now when you look at them, you feel like you should use them but they're not quite "in style" anymore. Yeah. That's me too. I know for many this is the perfect excuse and the very reason they purge. Emotionally, I'm not quite there yet.

As 2017 approaches, I thought it might be fun to challenge myself to use some of those old supplies. The ones I "had to have" and then never used. I already have my first challenge in mind. Remember when raw chipboard was the thing to use? People would paint, ink, emboss, cover, and make it perfect for their needs. I was rather depressed at that time. Shopping made me feel better. Unfortunately, I shopped a lot. I bought stuff new. I bought it used. eBay was my favorite place to be. I have some Maya Road chipboard that came in little metal lunchboxes. I've used so little of it though! One set is of frames. I think they're mostly square. I think it would be a great challenge to see how much of that I can use. I even have an idea of small square pictures hanging in a gallery almost. When I get home later this week, that's my challenge to myself!

No comments: